Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pizzettes


It's always been a tradition to do appetizers on New Year's Day with my family. So when I saw this recipe by Giada Di Laurentis, I knew it would be perfect for this holiday tradition. Pizzettes are basically mini pizzas. You could put any toppings you like on top of the pizza crust. I used store bought dough and used a glass to cut out the rounds as we do not have a round cookie cutter for some reason. What is interesting about this recipe is the way you cook the onions. I have carmalized onions many times, but never for as long as this recipe called for. I kept them on low heat for about one hour and forty-five minutes. They were cooked in 3tbs. of butter, 1tbs. sugar, and some chopped fresh thyme and oregano. They turned out perfect. I then topped the dough with the onions and crumbled goat cheese. They baked in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Then topped with prosciutto. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment